The Tanita BC-601 Segmental Body Composition Scale is an essential tool for those wanting to observe precisely the effects of diet and exercise routines on their body, and help them feel and stay their healthiest!
FREE Shipping within Australia over $35
Australian Owned & Operated
The Tanita BC-601 calculates its readings by sending a small safe electrical signal through the platform’s foot sensors and hand-held grips. The signal is so small it is entirely painless and isn’t felt by the user. This signal returns a Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA): based on how much resistance was encountered by the signal through the user’s body, the BC-601 can determine muscle mass, body fat and other set indicators.
- Helps measure progress towards fitness and lifestyle goals
- Tracks 7 indicators of overall health
- Comprehensive whole body reading within seconds
- Segmental analysis gives 5 targeted readings
- Extra-large LCD colour display
- 4 person memory and guest mode
- 3 modes to choose from: adult, child and athlete
- Recall function
- 150kg capacity
Easy to use
The Tanita BC-601 looks and functions very much like traditional bathroom scales - before stepping on the platform, you simply input your gender, age and height. The BIA and other measurements including muscles mass, bone mass, body fat and body water percentage are analysed against the data you’ve entered, returning a comprehensive reading of current health and fitness on an extra-large LCD colour display.
A recent Tanita innovation, the hand-held grips give even more accurate measurements for various body parts, giving 5 separate readings for (arms, legs and trunk) as well as a whole body reading. This new feature is especially useful when tracking injury recovery, or monitoring changes associated with targeted athletic training or weight-loss.
What is measured?
- Total weight (in increments of 0.1kg)
- Body fat percentage (subcutaneous body fat calculated in increments of 0.1% and a healthy range indicator for adult users)
- Total body water percentage
- Visceral fat (abdominal or ‘dangerous’ fat)
- Muscle mass (lean weight)
- Bone mass (indicator of bone health)
- Basal metabolic rate (minimum calorie needs)
Tracking your results
The included SD card comes pre-loaded with software for ease of use, and automatically stores all your results. These can be downloaded easily into a computer in Excel format.
Modes and memory
The BC-601 offers 3 modes: adult, athlete or child (when child mode is selected, only weight and body fat percentage readings will be displayed). The BC-601 can store age, gender and height for up to 4 people and comes with a guest mode.
The Tanita BC-601 is the perfect tool to track progress, understand and visualise the impact of training and diet on the body or body parts you want to give special focus to. It will help you along the way to ultimately achieve your personal weight and fitness goals!
5 year warranty (supported by a warranty and repair centre located in Western Australia, Australia).