The Tanita BC-587 Body Composition Scale is an essential tool for those wanting to observe precisely the effects of diet and exercise routines on their body, and help them feel and stay their healthiest!
FREE Shipping within Australia over $100
Australian Owned & Operated
The Tanita BC-587 calculates its readings by sending a small safe electrical signal through the platform’s patented transparent electrodes. The signal is so small it is entirely painless and isn’t felt by the user. This signal returns a Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA): based on how much resistance was encountered by the signal through the user’s body, the BC-587 can determine muscle mass, body fat and other set indicators.
- Helps measure progress towards fitness and lifestyle goals
- Tracks 8 indicators of overall health
- Comprehensive reading within seconds
- Extra-large LCD screen
- 4 person memory and guest mode
- 3 modes to choose from: adult, child and athlete
- Recall function and weight-only button
- Easy to use and intuitive
- 200kg capacity
Easy to use
The Tanita BC-587 looks and functions very much like traditional bathroom scales - its large platform is designed with toughened glass for extra stability and safety.
Before stepping on the platform, you simply input your gender, age and height. The BIA and other measurements including muscles mass, bone mass, body fat and body water percentage are analysed against the data you’ve entered, returning a comprehensive reading of current health and fitness on an extra large LCD screen with a bright blue backlight.
What is measured?
- Total weight (in increments of 0.1kg)
- Body fat percentage (subcutaneous body fat calculated in increments of 0.1% and a healthy range indicator for adult users)
- Total body water percentage
- Physique rating (scale of 1-9: the balance between muscle and fat)
- Visceral fat (abdominal or ‘dangerous’ fat)
- Muscle mass (lean weight)
- Bone mass (indicator of bone health)
- Basal metabolic rate (minimum calorie needs)
Modes and memory
The BC-587 offers 3 modes: adult, athlete or child (when child mode is selected, only weight and body fat percentage readings will be displayed). The BC-587 can store age, gender and height for up to 4 people and comes with a guest mode.
The BC-587’s recall function allows you to display the previous reading for all indicators, so you can gauge at a glance how much progress you’ve made towards your goals. The weight-only button offers the option to take a simple weight reading.
The Tanita BC-587 is the perfect tool to track progress, understand and visualise the impact of training and diet on the body. It will help you along the way to achieve your personal weight and fitness goals!
5 year warranty (supported by a warranty and repair centre located in Western Australia, Australia).