The Tanita BC-582 Body Composition Scale with FitPLUS helps measure progress towards fitness and lifestyle goals by tracking 8 indicators of overall health.
FREE Shipping within Australia over $100
Australian Owned & Operated
The Tanita BC-582 Body Composition Scale includes FitPLUS, an essential feature for women wanting to manage their physical activity throughout their menstrual cycle, acting like a personal diary to help them feel and stay their healthiest!
Tanita’s Patented BIA method
The Tanita BC-582 calculates its readings by sending a small safe electrical signal through the platform’s patented electrodes. The signal is so small it is entirely painless and isn’t felt by the user. This signal returns a Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA): based on how much resistance was encountered by the signal through the user’s body, the BC-582 can determine muscle mass, body fat and other set indicators.
Easy to use
The Tanita BC-582 looks and functions very much like traditional bathroom scales - before stepping on the platform, you simply input your gender, age and height. The BIA and other measurements including muscles mass, bone mass, body fat and body water percentage are analysed against the data you’ve entered, returning a comprehensive reading of current health and fitness on a high-resolution colour display.
The FitPLUS indicator is tailored to monitor women’s natural monthly metabolic changes through simple green, amber and red visual cues. Simply input the cycle start date each month - green days will indicate optimal exercise days where muscle strength is heightened and more calories will be burned. Amber days will indicate likely ovulation, and red days will indicate days where the body will likely need more rest. Acting as a personal diary, the FitPLUS function helps users maximise well-being, calorie-burn and minimise fatigue.
What is measured?
- Total weight (in increments of 0.1kg)
- Body fat percentage (subcutaneous body fat calculated in increments of 0.1% and a healthy range indicator for adult users)
- Total body water percentage
- Physique rating (scale of 1-9: the balance between muscle and fat)
- Visceral fat (abdominal or ‘dangerous’ fat)
- Muscle mass (lean weight)
- Bone mass (indicator of bone health)
- Basal metabolic rate (minimum calorie needs)
Tracking your results
The BC-582 comes with 4 memory settings and will display the last results along with the most current reading. It offers 3 modes: adult, athlete and child (7-17) as well as a guest mode.
The recall button enables you to look back at your last reading in more detail, and the weight-only button gives you the option to take a simple weight reading.
The Tanita BC-582 is the perfect tool to track progress, understand and visualise the impact of training and diet on the body. The FitPLUS feature helps women manage their energy and maximise their workout routine when it counts, to ultimately achieve their personal weight and fitness goals!
- Comprehensive reading within seconds
- High-resolution colour display
- FitPLUS helps women maximise their well-being and exercise routine
- 4 person memory and guest mode
- 3 modes: adult, athlete and child (7-17)
- Recall and weight-only buttons
- Easy to use and intuitive
- 150kg capacity
5 year warranty (supported by a warranty and repair centre located in Western Australia, Australia).