Breville Rice BoxBRC460WHT
Rice Cooker and Steamer
The Breville Rice Box cooks light and fluffy rice as well as delicious versatile recipes with precise heat and timing.
The Rice Box will make gluggy or burnt rice a thing of the past and introduce new ways of cooking rice into your life.
Why a rice cooker?
Rice is the perfect accompaniment to many dishes but although easy to make, it is hard to get right. A rice cooker is a great way to prepare rice knowing it will always be done to perfection, no matter which variety you use.
Rice Box settings
The Rice Box can act as a simple rice cooker, but can do much more. There are 6 settings to choose from:
- Cook/Sushi: the most commonly used setting, cooks up to 10 measuring cups* of rice - can also make sushi rice
- Fast Cook: for small to medium quantities of rice (2 to 4 measuring cups*)
- Congee: makes a traditional-style rice porridge or soup (with grains intact) - will cook for 40 to 60 mn depending on the quantity and rice to water ratio
- Porridge/soup: makes a rice porridge with grains almost completely broken down - will cook for 2 hours
- Crispy rice: also called popped rice and rice skins - used as an ingredient to add texture to dishes, or eaten as a snack
- Reheat: suitable for reheating small quantities of rice
*Measuring cups refers to the cup included with the Rice Box - please note it does not equal to a standard measuring cup (it is smaller).
Set and forget
The Rice Box has a digital timer that can preset the desired finished cooking time up to 15 hours away. The timer can be used with all cooking settings so no recipe will be off limits when you want to organise lunch or dinner in advance.
Its large capacity can make up to 20 cups of cooked rice at the touch of a button. It controls temperature and as soon as the rice is cooked and all water has evaporated, it will automatically stop. The embedded element inside the lid creates heat to minimise condensation and avoid soggy rice.
Keep Warm feature
When the cooking cycle is finished, the Rice Box automatically switches to Keep Warm mode and will display the amber Warm light. The Keep Warm setting can last up to 24 hours but the optimal time limit for this feature is 5 to 8 hours.
You can steam vegetables, poultry or fish with the included stainless steel tray. Simply add stock or water at the bottom of the cooking bowl, place the food on the stainless steel tray and cover.
- Removable non-stick cooking bowl with level indicator
- User-friendly LCD interface
- Cool touch handles with special slot to rest the lid
- Includes a rice measuring cup and spoon
- Large capacity (makes up to 20 cups of cooked rice)
- Pre-programmed settings for versatile recipes
- Keep Warm feature (up to 24 hours)
- Timer setting (up to 15 hours)
- Steamer functionality
- Heating element in the lid to avoid condensation
- Detailed instruction manual with rice cooking tables and recipes
Download the Rice Box Instruction Manual here.
|Voltage||220-240 V / 50-60 Hz|
|Settings||Steamed Rice (Cook), Sushi, Congee, Porridge and Soup, Crispy Rice|
|Dimensions||387 x 284 x 249 mm|
|Materials||Stainless steel, aluminium, toughened glass|
|What's in the box||Rice Cooker | Measuring Cup | Serving Spoon | Steaming Tray | User Manual|
12 Months Replacement Warranty (supported by a warranty and repair centre located in New South Wales, Australia).