Assists you in absorbing calcium and improve muscle strength. Blackmores Vitamin D3 can help build and maintain healthy bones. Vitamin D3 promotes calcium absorption and can help improve muscular strength.
Vitamin D3 is primarily manufactured in the skin through exposure to sunlight, earning it the name of the 'sunshine vitamin'. Vitamin D3 can be sourced in small amounts from certain foods such as cod liver oil (a rich natural source of D3).
Vitamin D3 is vital to keeping good bone density, healthy bones and healthy teeth. Vitamin D3 works by stimulating the amount of calcium absorbed in the small intestine, and its reabsorption by the kidneys. Vitamin D also helps decrease the amount of calcium released from bones, which is of critical importance for maintaining healthy bone mass.
Adequate levels of vitamin D in all stages of life help preserve healthy and dense bones: low levels of D have been associated with reduced bone density and in turn increase the risks of fractured hips for the elderly.
Vitamin D also helps improve muscular strength, especially in the elderly which can reduce the incidence of falls and in turn the risk of fractures.
A large number of Australians are at risk of vitamin D deficiency: elderly people (particularly if in residential care), and people with dark skin who have insufficient exposure to sunlight (particularly if veiled). With age the skin also significantly loses its capacity to produce vitamin D3 from sunlight.
- Adults – Take 1 capsule a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children under 12 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
*Please note: this is an affiliate link which means we receive affiliate commissions for any sales resulting from our recommendations of this product.
- Longer lasting, more effective at raising vitamin D levels in the blood than vitamin D2.
- Vitamin D3 helps improve absorption of calcium and phosphate, two minerals essential for healthy bones.
- Assists in maintaining healthy bone density by providing minerals to the skeleton.
- Assists in building and maintaining muscle strength in older people, which may help reduce risk of falls and fractures.
- Convenient 1-a-day capsule with a high strength dose of 1000 IU.
|Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 25mcg)||1000 IU|