Blackmores Sustained Release C - 200 tabletsBMRSRC
Echolife no longer stocks this product but you can purchase it here*.
Assists in delivering a gradual release of vitamin C. Blackmores Sustained Release C gradually supplies vitamin C to the body through the day, to help diminish the severity and duration of common colds.
Vitamin C is not manufactured by the human body and must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds (ill health or emotional stress for example) increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body, and may increase the need to replenish this vitamin. If your dietary intake is low or an individual's need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. In immunity, it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies and is beneficial when battling the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is also involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important structural protein in the body found in cartilage and tendons. Collagen helps support blood vessels, and due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair. Citrus bioflavonoids have also been shown to strengthen capillary function by reducing fragility of capillary walls and improving capillary permeability.
Adults – Take 1 tablet 1 to 2 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 4-12 years – Blackmores recommends Bio C Chewable 500mg.
Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
*Please note: this is an affiliate link which means we receive affiliate commissions for any sales resulting from our recommendations of this product.
- Special formula released slowly over a sustained 8 hour period, ensuring that vitamin C is available when your body needs it.
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract that helps boost vitamin C's uptake, action and efficacy.
- Low-acid and buffered with mineral ascorbates to be gentle on the stomach.
- Reduces the severity and duration of colds.
- Promotes wound healing and supports skin suppleness and elasticity via its role in collagen production.
- Acts as a strong antioxidant that protects against free radical damage.
- Maintains capillary health.
Contains 200 tablets.
|Ascorbic acid||280 mg|
|Calcium ascorbate||266 mg|
|Total vitamin C||500 mg|
|Citrus bioflavonoids extract||25 mg|
|Rosa canina (Rosehips) extract (equiv. to dry fruit)||250 mg|