Assists in reducing the severity and duration of colds. Blackmores Bio C® 1000mg has a high potency formula rich in citrus bioflavonoids extract that helps boost its action. Vitamin C also helps to reduce the risk of cell damage due to free radicals.
Vitamin C is not manufactured by the human body and must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds (ill health or emotional stress for example) increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body, and may increase the need to replenish this vitamin. If your dietary intake is low or an individual's need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. In immunity, it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies and is beneficial when battling the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is also involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important structural protein in the body found in cartilage and tendons. Collagen helps support blood vessels, and due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair. Citrus bioflavonoids have also been shown to strengthen capillary function by reducing fragility of capillary walls and improving capillary permeability.
- Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. At the onset of cold symptoms the dose may be increased to 3 tablets a day.
- Children 4-12 years – We recommend Blackmores Bio C® Chewable.
Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
*Please note: this is an affiliate link which means we receive affiliate commissions for any sales resulting from our recommendations of this product.
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract that helps boost its action and efficacy.
- Buffered with mineral ascorbates to be gentle on the stomach.
- Contains rosehips and acerola, natural sources of vitamin C.
- Reduces the severity and duration of colds.
- Acts as a strong antioxidant that protects against free radical damage.
- Promotes wound healing and supports skin suppleness and elasticity via its role in collagen production.
- Maintains capillary health.