Customers Also Purchased
- For the relief of nervous tension and stress: bathe*.
- For the treatment of acne and oily skin: massage into the skin with jojoba carrier oil* or make a compress**.
How to use
General Recommended Uses for Essential Oils:
|Application||Number of drops||Directions||Precautions||Tips|
|2 drops or less per 10ml carrier oil or lotion base*||Massage into skin with gentle, pressing movements. Avoid eye area.||Seek advice before using essential oils in a face massage on children under six years.||If using an essential oil dilution (3% jasmine or neroli for ex), massaging undiluted into skin is acceptable.|
|Body Massage||5 drops or less per 10ml carrier oil or lotion base*||Massage into affected area (gently or vigorously depending on desired result).||For children under six years, use no more than 2 drops per 10ml carrier oil or base.||If using an essential oil dilution (3% jasmine or neroli for ex), massaging undiluted into skin is acceptable.|
|Bathing||3 to 5 drops or less*||Add essential oil directly to bath water, or dilute in 1T of vegetable glycerine.||For children under six years, use no more than 2 drops.||For a luxurious bath mix up to 10 drops to 1 cup full fat milk or carrier oil. Foot baths are a good alternative if you do not have a bath.|
|Vaporisation||6 to 12 drops or less||Candle burner: fill dish 3/4 full of water - electric burner: refer to manufacturer's directions.||For children under six years, use no more than 2 drops.||If you want to vaporise essential oils while you sleep, choose an electric vaporiser that does not use heat and can be left unattended.|
|Inhalation||3 to 5 drops or less to 1L of very hot water (if using an essential oil dilution increase to 15 drops or less)||Cover the head and inhale vapour. Close your eyes.||The water for inhalation must be very hot but not boiling. Not recommended for asthmatics.||You can add 1-2 drops to a tissue and inhale: portable and convenient!|
|Compress||3 to 5 drops or less*||Add essential oil to 1T of vegetable glycerine, and dilute in 1L water. Saturate a soft cloth, squeeze out excess and place on skin.||It is advisable to use the appropriate water temperature for your specific concern**.|
|Direct Application||Refer to individual oil's leaflet.||Apply undiluted to affected area.||Only a few oils are suited to direct application, do not apply undiluted unless the instructions advise it is suitable to do so.|
|Spritzer||Determine use first (facial toner or body refreshing spray) to decide on number of drops needed*.||Dilute into 1t vegetable glycerine per 100ml water.||Dilution into vegetable glycerine ensures the oil solubilises in the water and doesn't sit on the surface.||Shake well before use!|
As essential oils are highly concentrated, take care not to exceed the number of recommended drops.
*Recommended Dilution Ratio for Essential Oils:
Determine the age of the person the blend is for before measuring number of drops in carrier oil or base cream.
|Infant 2-5 years||1 drop||1 drop|
|Child 6-12 years, Elderly||1 drop||3 drops|
|Adult 13 years and above||3 drops||6 drops|
|Pregnancy||1 drop||1 drop|
Dilution ratio is per 10ml of carrier oil or base cream.
Some essential oils are contra-indicated for pregnancy: always seek medical advice when pregnant.
Always read precautions on box or leaflet before using essential oils.
**Recommended Water Temperature for a Compress:
|Cold||Sprains, bruises, headaches|
|Hot||Boils, arthritis, rheumatism|
Blends well with Cypress, Juniper Berry and Rosemary.
Before using essential oils, please read the Essential Oil Safety information. You will find this on the leaflet inside the oil carton.
- It is important that you seek the advice of a doctor or suitable practitioner before using pure essential oils if you...
- have a skin condition
- are pregnant
- have epilepsy or asthma
- suffer from high blood pressure
- are on a course of treatment with prescribed medication
- are in any doubt about any condition you may have
- Essential oils should never be taken internally without seeking the advice of a professional practitioner.
- Avoid contact with sensitive areas such as the eyes, even when essential oils are diluted.
- Some essential oils (most in the citrus family) are photo-sensitive and should not be used before exposure to UV rays (sun or tanning bed).
- Seek advice for all use on children under two years old.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist consult your health care professional.