Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 4 and get 5% off
- Buy 5 or above and get 10% off
Customers Also Purchased
Flaxseed oil is rich in omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. The body cannot synthesise alpha-linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid) or linoleic acid (an omega-6 fatty acid) so it is imperative to get the right balance of these from diet or supplementation. In Western diets today it is estimated that the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 is significantly lower than recommended, with omega-3 intake generally needing to be increased. Low omega-3 levels can lead to an inflammatory effect on the body from too much omega-6 fatty acids. Flaxseed can contribute to improving the balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which can result in an anti-inflammatory action. Added omega-9 may also contribute to reducing inflammation.
The membrane of every cell in the body is built using essential fatty acids. For optimal health and fluidity membranes utilising phospholipids derived from essential polyunsaturated fatty acids are more fluid and function better than membranes made up of saturated fat or trans-fatty acids. Cell membranes regulate what goes into and comes out of each living cell, and when working at optimal levels the cell will retain health through nutrients and be responsive to hormones.
Omega-6 can be absorbed from plant oils like canola, sunflower, safflower and corn oil, while common recommended sources of omega-3 are fish and eggs. This puts vegetarians and vegans particularly at risk of having low levels of omega-3 in their diets.
Essential fatty acids also contribute to skin health and elasticity, with deficiency potentially leading to dryness, scaling and redness of the skin.
Essential fatty acids may also be beneficial for maintaining the heart and cardiovascular systems in good health. Omega-3 essential fatty acids may also reduce the tendency of platelets in the blood to clump and stick together, an important factor for heart health.
Features and benefits:
- Vegetarian natural source of organic omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9.
- Contributes to a healthy heart and cardiovascular system.
- Helps to keep healthy skin and hair.
- Assists in reducing inflammation.
Contains 100 capsules.
How to use
As a supplement for improved balance of essential fatty acids:
- Adults – Take 1 to 2 capsules 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
As an anti-inflammatory:
- Adults – Take 2 to 4 capsules 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children 6-12 years – Take 1 to 2 capsules a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal), or as professionally prescribed.
- Children 2-6 years – Take 1 capsule a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal).
|Linseed oil (Flaxseed oil)||1 g (1000 mg)|
|Linolenic acid||600 mg|
- Contraindicated with allergy to Linaceae (the flax family of plants).
- Always read the label.
- Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.