Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 or above and get 5% off
- Buy 3 or above and get 10% off
- Buy 5 or above and get 20% off
Customers Also Purchased
Evening primrose oil is rich in gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and linoleic acid (LA), two omega-6 essential fatty acids. Omega-6 fatty acids help build components of nerve cells and all cell membranes and hormone-like substances known as prostaglandins.
Prostaglandins have multiple local actions, including regulation of tissue inflammation. Conditions such as eczema that involve inflammation may benefit from supplementation of omega-6 essential fatty acids.
Low levels of GLA have also been found in women suffering from premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Essential fatty acid deficiency can lead to an excess of the female hormone prolactin (responsible for many of the symptoms of PMS). Evening primrose oil supplementation increases production of a prostaglandin known as PGE1, which may help ease the symptoms of PMS.
Lifestyle factors can deplete GLA metabolism and lead to the need for dietary supplementation (particularly excess saturated fats in the diet, ongoing high stress levels, alcohol consumption, and smoking).
Features and benefits:
- Naturally rich source of omega-6 essential fatty acids, particularly gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
- Low levels of GLA have been found in adults and children with inflammatory skin conditions, as well as women with PMS.
Contains 190 capsules.
How to use
Adults – Take 1 to 3 capsules once a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 6-12 years – Take 1 to 2 capsules once a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal), or as professionally prescribed.
Children 2-6 years – Take 1 capsule a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal), or as professionally prescribed.
|Evening primrose oil (EPO)||1 g (1000 mg)|
|gamma-linolenic acid (GLA)||100 mg|
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms or headache.
- Always read the label.
- Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.